Friday, September 7, 2007

As frivolous as they come

http://sports.yahoo.com/top/news?slug=ap-imus-lawsuit&prov=ap&type=lgns



So the whole Don Imus thing was a joke to begin with. As a shock jock, it's his duty to say things that may be offensive to some because otherwise it wouldn't be "shocking". How many times has Howard Stern said something much more offensive about women? On the flip-side, how about those conservative talk-show hosts who defame homosexuals, intellectuals, secularists and liberals? Does that mean that I can sue Pat Robertson because of the insulting things he says about people with my political beliefs? This lawsuit is about as frivolous as the McDonalds hot coffee suit. After all, nappy-headed isn't exactly a racist comment, it's a hairist comment. I'M WHITE AND I HAVE NAPPY HAIR!!!!!!! Therefore, a white man like Imus can't be racist simply by saying "Nappy headed" because there are also white people who can be classified as such.



I put it one step further by saying this: By filing this lawsuit, Kia Vaughn is officially a "Nappy Headed Ho" because she does have nappy hair (no denying that) and now that she is suing for something as frivolous as an indirect comment that she took as insulting only after hearing a media backlash, she's a HO. Because by definition, a Ho is someone who takes money for something that people do for free. I've heard plenty of offensive comments about people like me and have yet to sue. I don't sue because that is the fundamental basis on which this country was built: FREEDOM OF SPEECH, EXPRESSION and OPINION. Maybe I should hire a lawyer and sue Fox News!

No comments: